Adventures in gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian living...

Adventures in gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian living

Friday 2 August 2013

Eating Out in Perth

I'm in Perth this weekend, seeing my wonderful (he claims otherwise, but he greeted me at the airport with a green smoothie, a lily, and a raw activated organic kale salad, so clearly wonderful) boyfriend, Paul.

He planned to make me banana pancakes, but had forgotten the eggs, so we went out for brunch.

We ate at the Daily Planet Cafe (634 Beaufort st, Mt Lawley), and I was impressed at the mumber of options I had. Everything was labelled as to ehether it was gluten free, had a gluten free option, was vegetarian, vegan, or vegan option. Many others (including one that I ordered) were easily adaptable if you asked.

I had the vegan stack (chickpea pattie, avocado, mushrooms, grilled tomato, spinach and lots of other greens and tofu aoli) and the breaky crumble (pear, guava and other fruits with a crumble topping of almond, LSA, and chia seeds). Te breaky crumble was the 'adapted' one - the adaptation was to get the yoghurt that me with it n the side (so Paul could have it).

There were also options for those who aren't gf/df, so this is a great place to go with friends who aren't always willing to cater for dietty restrictions.
I


Both were really good, especially the vegan stack.

And to take away, I got a 'rawgasm', a raw slice that I might have photographed the ingredients so I can make on myself.

Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment