Adventures in gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian living...

Adventures in gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian living

Monday 2 September 2013

Pumpkin and Carrot Soup

For those of you who don't quite have my sweet tooth, and who are craving something savory! This is another of my favourite soups, and it's so super easy. What's more, I invented it to use up soem of the ridiculously large amounts of carrot pulp I have from my juicer. Because it's a soup, and you really can't go wrong with soups (well, you can, especially if you add in too much salt, that's really gross, trust me) I'm not going to be too specific. Ingredients: - Approximately equal amounts of carrot pulp (left over from juicing) and pumpkin (I use Kent) - Chives Chop the pumpkin into small pieces, then boil or steam it until mostly cooked. When mostly cooked, add the carrot pulp, and continue cooking. When carrot and pumpkin are fully cooked, blend in your blender. Add the chives, and if you want to, salt to taste. This is one of the soups I freeze and take to work on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment